Blog Picture

Blog Picture

Monday, December 12, 2011

I am a Foster Parent!

I have been a foster parent, an adoptive parent and a biological parent.  My house and my heart are very full places.  Currently, I have 6 children living in my home ages 19, 17, 17, 15, 6 and 5.  Three I gave birth to, two I adopted and the last one just moved in.  I have experienced the joy and the heartbreak of fostering children and I would like to share that journey with  you.  I should clarify the fact that I am not currently licensed as a foster parent, but I believe that I will always be a foster parent in my heart.  If you noticed above my house is pretty much full of kids and there is not another bedroom to be found.  Since my home is already full of children I decided to go back to college and get my degree in Human Services and work in the field instead.  I graduated in July 2011 and I now work for a local adoption/foster care agency called Hands Across the Water.  The purpose of this blog is to share the positive side of fostering children and the amazing rewards for both the foster parent and the child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment